Parent help – taking part
As a member of Gloucestershire Parent and Toddler Association, our setting recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All of the staff see themselves as partners with you in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents take part in making the setting a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
- exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress with the staff;
- helping at sessions of the setting; sharing their own special interests with the children;
- helping to provide, through fundraising, equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities;
- taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum provided by the setting;
- joining in community activities in which the setting takes part; and
- building friendships with other parents in the setting.